The Family School Liaison Program offers free emotional and behavioural support services to Division students and their families. Any student experiencing difficulties at home or at school is eligible for this program.
Family School Liaison Workers (FSLW):
- Offer support services to Division students, families and/or groups focusing on safety, mental well being, and the healthy development of children.
- Involve appropriate community agencies by providing referrals.
- Ensure that students and families seeking assistance are involved in the decisions that affect their lives.
- Provide education to children, youth, and parents to help them positively manage challenging issues and events.
- Enhance personal strengths and coping skills.
- Provide classroom presentations on a variety of topics related to healthy relationships and development.